The University of Kentucky's Graduate Appalachian Research Community (GARC) is an official graduate student organization promoting interdisciplinary dialogue on Appalachian research. Our mission is to foster a supportive community in which students from various disciplines learn from each other's findings, discuss research obstacles and successes, can have a venue to present their Appalachian‐based research, and collaborate. To be added to the GARC listserv to receive email updates about events, resources, and opportunities please email Jed DeBruin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GARC Activities & Outreach
- Collaboration and participation in Appalachian Center events
- Appalachian film screenings
- Sharing relevant events, resources, and opportunities with colleagues, faculty, and students
- Co-sponsoring events with other organizations with similar missions and interests
- Organizational meetings to elect officers, plan events, and discuss the focus and direction of GARC
- Discussion meetings to share interdisciplinary interests, research and questions
- Lunch meetings with campus guest lecturers with relevant interest and expertise in the broad field of Appalachian Studies
- Member presentations at the annual Appalachian Studies Association (ASA) Conference and other conferences with Appalachian Center support
In February or March of each year we sponsor a yearly Research Symposium and Arts Showcase for student researchers and artists. This event is open to students of all disciplines and all academic levels in Kentucky. Click HERE for more information!
President: Jed DeBruin - Contact email@example.com
Vice President: Michelle Roberts
Secretary-Treasurer: Jacob Johnson
Social Chair: Allen Fletcher
Join us on BBNvolved! https://uky.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/graduate-appalachian-res…
Like us on Facebook!